Stratasys Helps Boost Additive Manufacturing Production Volumes and Profitability With New GrabCAD Print Pro Software
GrabCAD Print software manages the print preparation process for Stratasys 3D printers. The new Pro version is designed for manufacturers who need to efficiently produce end use parts and move to production-scale volumes. It is specifically designed to improve printed-part accuracy, reduce waste, and shorten time to part. The software is expected to be available beginning May 16th for customers using Stratasys printers based on SAF™ and FDM technologies.
GrabCAD Print Pro software includes all the features of GrabCAD Print standard. However, its advanced capabilities create greater opportunities for large-scale additive manufacturing with better system controls, reduced production time and enhanced workflows. Customers can achieve these benefits through unique features such as:
- Warp Additive Model (WAMTM) automatic warp correction to ensure part accuracy through 3D scanning and warp correction
- Ability to develop standardised manufacturing templates allowing customers to prepare builds quickly and error-free
- Improved per-part cost estimation, with a significant reduction in time estimating multi-customer trays
- Label generation, including unique coding, serialisation and placement for SAF
- 3D Array to arrange parts on the Z axis, allowing stacking of parts, to reduce build times and increase throughput
- Integration with qualified best-in-class partner plug-ins
Rich Garrity, Chief Industrial Business Officer for Stratasys commented:
We are proud to deliver the best-in-class print preparation software package that reflects additive manufacturing’s expanding role on the factory floor. Our customers are increasingly expanding 3D printing implementation beyond prototyping to end-use parts production at scale, where consistent quality and process efficiency are truly essential. This new next-generation software is designed to help them achieve their current and future business goals and allow them to significantly, and rapidly scale up their additive manufacturing capabilities.
For the first time, GrabCAD Print Pro also features third-party partner plug-ins, with initial plug-in partners to include AlphaSTAR and Castor. AlphaSTAR provides toolpath-driven analysis and quality assessment of print parameters and toolpaths, as well as thermal process simulation to help improve design cycles and produce higher quality parts with less iteration. Castor’s decision-support software automatically analyses thousands of parts at once to identify the best opportunities for additive manufacturing.
How do I get it?
GrabCAD Print Pro is an annual per-user subscription licensed product and will include optional monthly updates with additional features. Multi-user discounts are available. For more information, contact Tri-Tech 3D.