Build detailed, durable models with 3D printing
Using 3D Printing in the Architectural industry allows architects and designers to quickly create a tangible model. The impact of a physical model will always be greater than that of a CAD model.
3D Printing brings great benefits to architects including freedom in form. Traditional methods of model making allow you to quickly create boxes, however when needing to create curves and different geometries provides serious challenges.
With 3D printing, your biggest freedom is geometry!
Utilising 3D printing in architecture you can achieve the following:
- Print complex shapes and geometries
- Have your model in your hand within hours instead of days
- Easily create textures and colours utilising the J850
- Print many iterations until you are happy with your concept
- Print detailed designs such as – interiors, trees, people, cars, roofs etc
PolyJet 3D printing technology produces astonishingly smooth, detailed architectural models in an array of materials, including rigid photopolymers ready for painting. For models that must bear loads or take abuse, FDM Technology builds strong parts in production-grade thermoplastics.