A thermoplastic made from renewable resources
PLA is the most economical and user-friendly thermoplastic that Stratasys have on offer. It is made using renewable resources and is biodegradable and bioactive. PLA is available to use on the office-friendly Stratasys F123 3D printer series and the MakerBot range of printers and works particularly well at high speeds, especially when in the fast draft mode.
- Rapid Prototyping
- Early concept modelling
- Quick visual design verification
What are the qualities of PLA?
- Low-cost material option for fast-draft part iterations.
- Higher stiffness than ABS and Good Tensile strength.
- 11 different colours available – including a variety of translucent colours too.
- Strong, Durable and Dimensionally Stable parts
- Low melting point and HDT meaning it requires less heat and power to print parts.
What printer can it be used on?
This material is best used on the Stratasys F123 Series and the MakerBot range of printers.