Desktop Metal Studio System+ 3D Printer
The office-friendly metal 3D Printer enables you to iterate faster by printing highly complex metal parts without leaving the office. The Studio system+ is the only end-to-end metal 3D printing system that is cost-effective for engineering groups.
Lasers and powders are completely eliminated to make the Studio system+ safe for any facility. Unlike other metal 3D printing systems, there is no 3rd party equipment or special facilities required – just power and an internet connection.
The Desktop Metal Studio system+ uses Bound Metal Deposition (BMD) a process which is similar to the safest, most widely used 3D Printing technology – FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling). The Studio+ printer printers works by extruding bound metal rods- similar to FDM.
Designed for after 3D Printing your part, Desktop Metal have designed a microwave-enhanced sintering furnace. It is fully automated incorporating closed loop thermal control and compactly sized to fit through an office door. The furnace itself combines conventional heating elements with high-powered microwaves to sinter printed parts, after primary binder is removed. The furnace then heats the part to temperatures near melting, causing the metal powder to densify.
Full turnkey Desktop Metal printing solution:
Studio+ 3D printer
Import Duty, Delivery, Installation and Training
Materials Consumable pack ( Optional )
Service Consumable pack (Optional )
£191,000 + VAT
New features on the Studio System+ include:
- Higher Resolution Printing: A new swappable 250μm printhead with supporting software profiles enables new geometries and applications—achieving smaller parts and fine features with an improved surface finish.
- In-built Camera: Watch a live stream of your build with the in-chamber build plate camera captures video of the part as it prints — viewable in a web browser. This gives the user greater insight into their print and the ability to monitor print success.
- Stackable Shelving: New stackable shelving increases part capacity of the debinder and furnace for greater throughput. Increased workload volume addresses bottlenecks typical at the debind and sinter stages.
- Gas Connections: External gas connections give the option to reduce the cost of consumables and achieve a lower cost-per-part.
- Build Volume: 12,585 cm3 (768 in3) / 30.5 x 20.5 x 20.5 cm (12 x 8 x 8 in)
- Minimum Layer Height: 50 μm
- External Dimensions: 95 x 83 x 53 cm
- Weight: 97 kg (214 lbs)
- Power: 100-120 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 15 A, 1-phase
- Solvent: Desktop Metal’s proprietary debind fluid
- Max Fluid Volume: Process tank: 17.4 liters (4.6 gallons) Storage tank: 22.5 liters (5.94 gallons)
- External Dimensions: 102 x 74 x 57 cm
- Height In Open Position: 160cm
- Weight: 150 kg (330 lbs) without fluid
- Power: 100-120 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 20 A, 1-phase | NEMA 5-20 plug
- Peak Temperature: 1400 °C (2552 °F)
- Workload Volume: 12,585 cm3 (30.5 x 20.5 x 20.5) / 768 in3 (12 x 8 x 8)
- Gas Connection: RFID-enabled, 900 L onboard canisters (x2) | External gas connection
- Gas Types: Forming gas, nitrogen, (material dependent)
- External Dimensions: 161.8 x 138.0 x 75.4 cm
- Height In Open Position: 216cm
- Weight: 798 kg
- Power: 208 VAC, 60 Hz, 30 A, 3-phase dedicated circuit | NEMA L15-30 plug (4-wire connection)
Currently there are no materials assigned. You can view our full range of materials here.
Currently there are no case studies assigned. You can view our full range of case studies here.