Fortus 380mc Carbon Fiber Edition
The new Stratasys Fortus 380 Carbon Fiber edition produces accurate, reliable and high strength parts suited for tough applications. The 380 CF prints with FDM Nylon 12 Carbon Fiber and ASA. It is a targeted solution for when you need the stiffness and strength of carbon-filled Nylon for applications such as product parts, rugged tooling and functional prototyping.
The Fortus 380mc CFE is based on a proven platform that produces parts with repeatable dimensional accuracy. Parts don’t exhibit appreciable warpage or shrinkage and will hold to a tight tolerance. Stratasys Nylon 12CF is up to four times stronger than a competitively priced alternative in the X and Y axis, and it will maintain its mechanical properties at a 40 percent higher temperature.
Similar to a typical injection molded carbon fiber reinforced plastic part, Stratasys Nylon 12CF is 35 percent chopped carbon fiber by weight, and it exhibits the highest stiffness-to-weight ratio of any FDM or FFF 3D printed part.
Get the production-level capability and reliability at the fraction of the cost of a capability-limited system.
- Build Size: 355 x 305 x 305 mm
- Layer Thickness: Three layer thicknesses – .178, .254 and .330 mm
- Software Compatibility: GrabCAD Print
- System Size: 129.5 cm x 90.2 cm x 198.4 cm
- Accuracy: Parts are produced within an accuracy of ± .127 mm (± .005 in.) or ± .0015 mm/mm (± .0015 in/in), whichever is greater). Z part accuracy includes an additional tolerance of -0.000/+slice height. Note: Accuracy is geometry dependent. Achievable accuracy specification derived from statistical data at 95% dimensional yield.
- Power Requirements: 208VAC 3 phase, 50/60 Hz, 18 Amps
Currently there are no case studies assigned. You can view our full range of case studies here.