Join our group of businesses
Due to our continued expansion within our busy finance department, Tri-Tech 3D and the Stanford Marsh Group of companies are on the lookout for a new Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their thriving team.
Responsible to: Financial Controller
Mon – Thur 9 am to 5:15 pm
Fri 9am to 5 pm
[Lunch allowance = 1 hour each day]
- Receive and post invoices to Sage promptly
- Chase all outstanding invoices, whether internally for sign off or externally from suppliers.
- Assist with implementing new processes and procedures.
- Process all payments through Sage.
- Ensure foreign payments to Clipouro, Jutu, and Gera SRL are processed through to PO.
- Ensure purchase ledger cashbooks are reconciled to Bank and Sales ledger cashbook AR/AP contra
- Ensure all suppliers are paid to their terms and conditions.
- Ensure all purchase orders are assigned to a supplier invoice in a timely manner.
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliation on a rolling basis.
- Ensure creditor listing is kept up to date, for example, trading name/address/commodity codes/credit limits/VAT numbers, etc.
- Maintain a log of invoices awaiting authorisation.
- Recognise accruals/prepayments and liaise with the Financial Controller.
- Ensure VAT is accounted for correctly.
- Ensure special codings are processed for Arval, Parcelforce & Vodafone invoices.
- Keep coding spreadsheet up to date as Bible no side notes, liaising with Financial Controller.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers & internal departments.
- Any other ad-hoc duties requested by the Financial Controller
Personal Qualities we are looking for…
- Looking to become a professional accountant with AAT Level 2 or equivalent, yet needing to gain experience on a purchase ledger, for up to 3 years, whilst studying towards the AAT qualification.
- Ability to take responsibility for the whole of the purchase ledger and to meet all deadlines.
- Sage experience preferred but not essential.
- Team player.
- Willingness to learn new accounting packages, efficiently.
- Great communication skills.
You will be working across the full spectrum of all of the Stanford Marsh Group of companies. This includes Cadspec Ltd, Tri-Tech 3D, 3D Print Bureau, and Stanford Marsh. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is striving to one day be a Finance Manager/Financial Controller/Management Accountant. Here at SMG, we will support you along the way with study support and a wealth of knowledge within our team.
Please send over a covering letter and CV to email@example.com clearly outlining why you would be suitable for this role.